GMO: Secret Ingredients (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Joining the other posts on GMOs and herbicides, here is another. I have watched part of this episode of voice of america on glyphosates, GMO and the lack of safety studies prior to release of these compounds as well as what can be accomplished by eating an organic diet and looking for + being aware of GMOs and the history behind them. I find the history of how things happened compelling and very helpful for my understanding:

The following describes the episode.
Jeffrey Smith, the leading consumer advocate promoting healthier non-GMO choices, discusses the health risks and politics behind genetically modified foods and the herbicide, glyphosate which is found in round-up. He discusses his latest film, Secret Ingredients, which include compelling stories of improved health when a person switches to an organic diet. In this episode you will learn about genetically modified foods, herbicides such as glyphosate, and their health effects

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I don't recall the source but was reading about Monsanto and their corporate cafeteria where they serve ...... organic food. Of course they do.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Bayer bought Monsanto, which leaves me wondering how is THAT a wise business move?

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila
OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Wow and wow! Organic food in Monsanto's cafe and Bayer buying them... things are afoot. I wonder what kinds of things.

• I agree
Reactions: Anaeika

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)