Healing wounds with my mother (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
My mother was a genius you know, I mean really. People looked up to her in the way that happens now with politicians and movie stars. Their misdeeds are ignored because they are so clever and their work benefits so many people in power. If you google M.J. Cooper Ciguaterra poisoning you will see the extent of my mother's work. I was putting fish in formaldehyde almost as soon as I could walk because I lived on an atoll in the Pacific ocean.

She was also very cruel. Particularly to myself and my adopted sister. She told me when I was 8/9 that I was evil and no one would ever love me. It would be our secret and I was grateful to her for keeping it for me because I knew she was wise and she was right because she was my mother and everybody said how clever she was.

I was just terrified of her. I once fainted when she shouted at me. She persuaded the local doctor to put me on valium when I was 16 years old and to this day I am deaf in my left ear because she was a right handed head slapper. In all my life with her, until she died of a brain haemorrhage when I was 17 years old, she never showed me any love or kindness.

And I loved her. And I still love her in my heart and in my soul.

The first time I saw a psychic medium my first question was "Is Mummy proud of me"

The first time I consciously astral travelled a yellow helmet was placed on my head and I travelled at great speed to land in a hedge. When I climbed out, I found myself in a house that matched the home I last lived in with her, except there was no electricity. I walked into the house and saw a woman looking out of the window. Utterly conscious, I prayed it was Mummy and as she turned her head I saw, with joy that it was her. "You came all this way after everything I did to you" she said and I hugged her hard.

I only had time to say "I love you" before her face changed into someone unknown to me and I was awake in my body again zzzzzzzzzzzp.

We met up once more in 2011. I was chopping vegetables in a friend's kitchen when my mother appeared and dropped a skirt over me. It felt and looked like a Victorian skirt with hoops and stuff. It was composed entirely of love. "To keep you connected to the family" she said. I just wept. Over the carrots. Trying to explain to bewildered husband of friend " Sorry (sob) Dead mother (sob) skirt, love, over me (sob)

I live with her daily. She gave me her marine biologist, sceptic brain. Followed for three days in the Pacific Ocean by a UFO whilst collecting samples of algae from different islands, she stubbornly insisted it was an illusion. When she caught me praying to God to save my wounded bird, she slapped me hard and told me to stop being so stupid, "That won't help"

Just recently, gardening has become very important to me, interestingly my mother was an avid gardener. Just writing that brings tears to my eyes. I am not sure but I feel that I have to totally accept my mother in all her glory before my wounds are healed. If I evaluate her life in terms of the way she treated me then she is seen as a a failed parent. If I see her as a woman who succeeded in a male dominated world, overcoming polio and osteomyelitis then I see a woman of great courage. Proud of you Mummy.

This is why humans are so special, so divine. No other species can reconcile energies like us. We really are amazing and we will endure.

Last edited:

Bill

The magic has always been within you.
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 21, 2016
From Kansas, living in Texas
My mother was a genius you know, I mean really. People looked up to her in the way that happens now with politicians and movie stars. Their misdeeds are ignored because they are so clever and their work benefits so many people in power. If you google M.J. Cooper Ciguaterra poisoning you will see the extent of my mother's work. I was putting fish in formaldehyde almost as soon as I could walk because I lived on an atoll in the Pacific ocean.

She was also very cruel. Particularly to myself and my adopted sister. She told me when I was 8/9 that I was evil and no one would ever love me. It would be our secret and I was grateful to her for keeping it for me because I knew she was wise and she was right because she was my mother and everybody said how clever she was.

I was just terrified of her. I once fainted when she shouted at me. She persuaded the local doctor to put me on valium when I was 16 years old and to this day I am deaf in my left ear because she was a right handed head slapper. In all my life with her, until she died of a brain haemorrhage when I was 17 years old, she never showed me any love or kindness.

And I loved her. And I still love her in my heart and in my soul.

The first time I saw a psychic medium my first question was "Is Mummy proud of me"

The first time I consciously astral travelled a yellow helmet was placed on my head and I travelled at great speed to land in a hedge. When I climbed out, I found myself in a house that matched the home I last lived in with her, except there was no electricity. I walked into the house and saw a woman looking out of the window. Utterly conscious, I prayed it was Mummy and as she turned her head I saw, with joy that it was her. "You came all this way after everything I did to you" she said and I hugged her hard.

I only had time to say "I love you" before her face changed into someone unknown to me and I was awake in my body again zzzzzzzzzzzp.

We met up once more in 2011. I was chopping vegetables in a friend's kitchen when my mother appeared and dropped a skirt over me. It felt and looked like a Victorian skirt with hoops and stuff. It was composed entirely of love. "To keep you connected to the family" she said. I just wept. Over the carrots. Trying to explain to bewildered husband of friend " Sorry (sob) Dead mother (sob) skirt, love, over me (sob)

I live with her daily. She gave me her marine biologist, sceptic brain. Followed for three days in the Pacific Ocean by a UFO whilst collecting samples of algae from different islands, she stubbornly insisted it was an illusion. When she caught me praying to God to save my wounded bird, she slapped me hard and told me to stop being so stupid, "That won't help"

Just recently, gardening has become very important to me, interestingly my mother was an avid gardener. Just writing that brings tears to my eyes. I am not sure but I feel that I have to totally accept my mother in all her glory before my wounds are healed.

This is why humans are so special, so divine. No other species can reconcile energies like us. We really are amazing and we will endure.
A wonderful sharing. From deep within. Thank you. <3

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Pod, what a beautiful story! How could she be anything BUT proud of you? I know I am. [[[HUG]]]

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Love and Forgiveness heals all. But then you already knew that...

:)

<3 <3 <3

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Pod, you brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing such a personal part of yourself. You are a very special woman with a big lovely heart that's filled with forgiveness and compassion. <3<3<3

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
wow... that must have been a hard time growing up with her...
I am currently healing my wounds from my childhood with MY mother too... I believe we chose our parents and decided before incarnation what lessons they where to put on us, so all "bad" they did to us was actually done out of love, to ensure we can get the background in this life, that we need, to grow in that specific area <3

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
i am sorry i dont have any love and light words to say here. REALLY? you let that being abuse you even after her death in the physical? whether praying for a bird might or might not help set aside, but you dont have to let her treat you like this! i wouldn't. even so-called guiding spirits are not "the" authority and have their place and dont need to be tolerated interfering (and those i encountered who really guide me are not slapping or harsh, they just let me learn lessons and stand by lovingly... really lovingly, validating my feelings and guiding me towards feeling them completely, not by cloaking me with skirts or so... real guides set you free and help develop a sense of free will, healthy boundaries and aligned choice, they dont bind you to anything)
you deserve totally to be treated well, you had deserved it all your life and while as a child a human grows up learning that how they are treated is "normal", in adulthood this can be reflected and the pattern changed and the child-self nurtured with the love it deserved all along.
i have the huge impulse to say to you, Pod, that you are an even stronger woman, i admire that you can live with the facts that this being treated you cruelly AND feel the love (probably as a child, cruelty you associated with love), but in my honest opinion, i think letting her as spirit treat you like this, you deserve better. if you need guides, there are better guides too. she needs to know her place, she had her life, she doesnt need to control yours too.

Last edited:
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Pod, what a beautiful story! How could she be anything BUT proud of you? I know I am. [[[HUG]]]

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Love and Forgiveness heals all. But then you already knew that...

:)

<3 <3 <3
Thank you Stargazer.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Pod, you brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing such a personal part of yourself. You are a very special woman with a big lovely heart that's filled with forgiveness and compassion. <3<3<3
You are a big softie Vickie. Thank you.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
wow... that must have been a hard time growing up with her...
I am currently healing my wounds from my childhood with MY mother too... I believe we chose our parents and decided before incarnation what lessons they where to put on us, so all "bad" they did to us was actually done out of love, to ensure we can get the background in this life, that we need, to grow in that specific area <3
I also know we choose our parents Samara and I know Mummy is part of my soul family. It is what I term "notlove" that is love.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
i am sorry i dont have any love and light words to say here. REALLY? you let that being abuse you even after her death in the physical? whether praying for a bird might or might not help set aside, but you dont have to let her treat you like this! i wouldn't. even so-called guiding spirits are not "the" authority and have their place and dont need to be tolerated interfering (and those i encountered who really guide me are not slapping or harsh, they just let me learn lessons and stand by lovingly... really lovingly, validating my feelings and guiding me towards feeling them completely, not by cloaking me with skirts or so... real guides set you free and help develop a sense of free will, healthy boundaries and aligned choice, they dont bind you to anything)
you deserve totally to be treated well, you had deserved it all your life and while as a child a human grows up learning that how they are treated is "normal", in adulthood this can be reflected and the pattern changed and the child-self nurtured with the love it deserved all along.
i have the huge impulse to say to you, Pod, that you are an even stronger woman, i admire that you can live with the facts that this being treated you cruelly AND feel the love (probably as a child, cruelty you associated with love), but in my honest opinion, i think letting her as spirit treat you like this, you deserve better. if you need guides, there are better guides too. she needs to know her place, she had her life, she doesnt need to control yours too.
Lilia I am not sure why you think I let my mother's spirit abuse me? When she slapped me for praying she was still alive and I was about 9 years old. Perhaps I have not made that clear.

But thanks for the outrage on behalf of my vulnerable child self. It is hard to understand why someone puts up with abuse but I was a child, we lived far away from family in the Pacific for much of my childhood and I was convinced that I deserved it. I did stand up for my sister though she had less abuse than me as I feel my parents were always aware that her adoptive parents would find out. In the 50's and 60's it was still acceptable for children to be beaten, corporal punishment in schools was not outlawed by the government until 1986.

That aside, my soul wanted to know about power and the first lesson was not to have any. I wrote that piece last night from a sense of wonder that I should be able to feel such love and pride for her, most definitely not from a sense of victim hood or self pity. From my soul perspective, which I embody more and more now, this was a marvellous experience. No judgement, no shoulds or shouldn'ts. I hope you do not mind me adding to the reply, but it feels really important to me that you understand that.

I am glad that you feel you can voice your thoughts and feelings freely on the forum!

Last edited:

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
Lilia I am not sure why you think I let my mother's spirit abuse me? When she slapped me for praying she was still alive and I was about 9 years old. Perhaps I have not made that clear.
oh ups sorry i misunderstood that! ok that makes things a lot more clear :)

But thanks for the outrage on behalf of my vulnerable child self. It is hard to understand why someone puts up with abuse but I was a child, we lived far away from family in the Pacific for much of my childhood and I was convinced that I deserved it. I did stand up for my sister though she had less abuse than me as I feel my parents were always aware that her adoptive parents would find out. In the 50's and 60's it was still acceptable for children to be beaten, corporal punishment in schools was not outlawed by the government until 1986.

That aside, my soul wanted to know about power and the first lesson was not to have any. I wrote that piece last night from a sense of wonder that I should be able to feel such love and pride for her, most definitely not from a sense of victim hood or self pity. From my soul perspective, which I embody more and more now, this was a marvellous experience. No judgement, no shoulds or shouldn'ts. I hope you do not mind me adding to the reply, but it feels really important to me that you understand that.

I am glad that you feel you can voice your thoughts and feelings freely on the forum!
oh good thanks a lot for the clarification! yeah i guess i misunderstood parts of your original post and now it makes a lot more sense! i feel really protective of all children and of all inner children i guess so i tend to react a little easily outraged (i admit i read your original post 3 times, but still some language barrier can make interpretations different). in that case, i am really happy you found that place of empowerment and reconciliation!!!
yeah i am glad i can voice and you dont take it the wrong way too and thanks for making me understand! <3 and i am glad you feel safe to share your story and sorry for sounding so outraged in my previous post!

K

KarlaSM

Wow...very intense healing journey! You are a very strong soul with a beautiful heart. Thank you for sharing your experience with your mother and your connection that transcends any form of limitation. <3

Reactions: Pod and Stargazer
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
oh ups sorry i misunderstood that! ok that makes things a lot more clear :)

oh good thanks a lot for the clarification! yeah i guess i misunderstood parts of your original post and now it makes a lot more sense! i feel really protective of all children and of all inner children i guess so i tend to react a little easily outraged (i admit i read your original post 3 times, but still some language barrier can make interpretations different). in that case, i am really happy you found that place of empowerment and reconciliation!!!
yeah i am glad i can voice and you dont take it the wrong way too and thanks for making me understand! <3 and i am glad you feel safe to share your story and sorry for sounding so outraged in my previous post!
Thank you for taking the time to truly understand. Sind Sie Deutsch?

Reactions: Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Pod, we had similar mothers. I understand and appreciate your personal journey.
Thanks for making this post.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Oh wow Linda. I would like to ask a question of you. If it is too personal, I understand.

Who taught you of kindness because I feel in you there is kindness. It is not an energy I understand as I never really experienced it until I was a later adult so it is not in my programming. I understand right action and I understand love.

Other than that I salute you and your mother.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Pod, our childhoods were very different. My brother and I spent a lot of time with our Grandparents (Dad's parents), and at home, I spent time with my Dad. Everything about kindness, love, honor, humor, caring, and standing up for those who could not stand up for themselves I learned from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)