Music (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016

Last edited:

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
This group, Crack the Sky, was so much a part of my formative years. They were a huge band in Baltimore, and I really don't understand why they didn't get broader airplay. The music is so complex and interesting, and the lyrics so incisive. Anyway, a group that ran with the musical freedom that was still available in the '70s. Look them up, they're a lot of fun to get into :cool:

virus darts - I have to steal that ....☺

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
As a musician who loved (of course!) watching live performance music I only collected DVDs from concert videos (never any other kind of movies).

That was especially the case during the pre-YouTube etc. era (first half of the 2000s), then it became a little obsolete but also I had no money left over for DVDs anyway.

Since most are as song clips on YT anyway I might post some of the best clips/songs from them.

Among the greatest in my collection (now stowed away in the cellar of the house of my parents) was one of my absolute musical heroes. The great master: PG. This is from his 1993 'Secret Wold' tour.

One of the best concert openers you can think of. It gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. It's one of the things I can watch over and over again.

OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I Love that their singing in unison "harmony is the sweetest sound". What an electrifying performance. The "brains" behind early Genesis. Here's one of my favorites of his... I wish I could find a live version with Kate Bush. Way back when (early 70's) I used to trade music with my friends we'd buy a bunch of albums or find some bootlegs and spend a night getting stoned and listening to records all night long. I wish we had you tube back then. What a wealth of live material and various versions of the same songs.

Reactions: Tania
OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Haluci-nation, I love it. been thinking about that one, cool. Here's another great Canadian band.....

Reactions: Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Oh yes, I was a fan many years ago. Also have a Live DVD of them. I think it was the "Live: Intimate and Interactive" one from 2009 (but the gig was earlier from the 90s). I did so far not follow them after their recent reformation though.

I listened to the "Transmissions" CD a lot.

My favs were from other albums though, as far as I remember they were Bazaar and Fire In the Head.

OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I have no idea where they are now. Wish I knew. Great musicians all of them. Been listening to them for a while. The record company was painting them as the next Jim Morrison. But he was better then that.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Speaking of Canada ... Rush including the legend Neil Peart on drums.

Btw, I have this DVD too.
o:)

Btw2, I was at this very gig (it was filmed in 2004 at the Festhalle in Frankfurt).
:)

OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Great song buddy. I know it well. I've seen Rush perform at least five times. My home town band. Neil Peart and Alex Liefson are the best tandem any where.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Speaking of gigs I was that are on DVD, here's another one ... One year earlier in 2003. The great Mr. Stipe, another one of my heroes.

I listened to Document and Green in the early eighties like nothing else, actually I was a fan before they went mainstream and more famous with Out Of Time, not that they were bad afterwards. Complete REM devotee I was back then already.

This is the "perfect square" in Wiesbaden where Stipe was born and lived as a child, DVD has the same name, entire gig as playlist on YT (No you never see me in the crowds.<:))

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I have no idea where they are now. Wish I knew. Great musicians all of them. Been listening to them for a while. The record company was painting them as the next Jim Morrison. But he was better then that.
He really was a lookalike and a little soundalike too, maybe that's why they did that.
;)

Reactions: Pucksterguy
OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
He really was a lookalike and a little soundalike too, maybe that's why they did that.
;)
I think they were on the edge of mainstream. Not wanting to conform, Yet keeping their individuality. Many artists will change their name to play different music styles. I used to know a bar band here that did that all the time. I wonder if these guys do it too.

OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
RADIO GARDEN

Here is a link to live radio shows aound the planet. The feed image is a globe with dots representing radio stations. You turn the globe, pick a country, press on a dot and you can listen.

Amazing.

http://radio.garden/live/
Sounds interesting Krena. I'm always looking for new music. This could be just the ticket. There is so much music out there
I wish I had more time.

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
Pucksterguy, thank you again for shepherding the music section of this forum.

I bounced around the world in Radio Live. So many languages and styles of music...now available! Acoustically, it is a little rough but this is so expansive....and a positive way to share cultures through universal sound and appreciation of music.

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Reminds me of another more recent song with the same title I came across just recently again after 3 years or so, like to remember this.

Normally I do not watch those stupid singer casting shows a la Voice, Idol, Xfactor, etc. - this was an exception. And I was lucky because this guy was unusual for this kind of artificial showbiz due to his humbleness of a true 'simple man' on stage and yet him being a "true" musician, writing songs, playing the guit and all that.

This is his winning song (own composition) "Simple Man", he won that show season of "The Voice Germany" course, maybe you like what he does, Pucksterguy. His voice is outstanding.

First 'audition' (worldwide now almost 13 bn views):

Another show song with guitar solo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)